Sunday, January 13, 2008

My first song of 2008, number 318 in total.

The Invisible Man

No parts.
No broken clockwork heart.
No bits of hair to, depart.
That's me.
That gap in the crowd.
A snowflake inside, a cloud.

There's no-one to believe me.
There's nothing left to leave me.
My body is clear as air.
There's no eye that can see me.
I blinked and I was gone.
I woke up to find myself
invisible.

Too bad.
My happy life went sad.
I've turned from obscure, to mad.
I call,
but make no sound at all.
The mirror just shows, the wall.

There's no-one to believe me.
There's nothing left to leave me.
My body is clear as air.
There's no eye that can see me.
I blinked and I was gone.
I woke up to find myself
invisible.

2 comments :

Julie Schuler said...

I was just surprised to see someone had Julie Heffernan as a favorite painter. I took a class taught by her at Penn State, about a decade ago! I didn't really like painting then.

Mark Sheeky said...

But you do now? When I found her paintings online I found the birds and flames, and darkness of the pictures quite amazing. It's all too easy to lose emotion in this sort of thing but there is more there than most of the "neo-surrealist" art that seems to try to impress visually with that "wow" factor... but usually lacks soul or even any sort of meaning.