Thursday, December 11, 2008

To Arms!

Right, I'm back in painting mode now and with my new "full spectrum" lighting I should be able to withstand the winter darkness. Many works in progress; a painting about autism and the isolation of the nucleus of a hydrogen atom (yes!), one about the lack of physical contact in a relationship, "Self-portrait as Idiot Wanker" is inspired by an unfortunate meeting and portrait by (I think) Duchamp. I also have many ready for glazing; Nine Ladies Weeping I've mentioned before is about Derbyshire, Three Graves about knife crime is slightly different in style for me, Female God is pure geometrical abstraction, Even Eating an Apple While God Looks on is related to that but more complex and includes a square apple, Chick Inside an Egg Dreaming of the Sky was inspired by Emmanuel Kant's philosophical ideas, The Chasm Was Too Wide is about the lack of communication in a relationship, Desperately Looking for Miro has been awaiting the final stages for months now and is no closer to completion. And there are several more in the sketch stage that I haven't thought about underpainting yet but tick! tick! tick! my life-clock taps its rhythm. I must start and finish these great works now so that I can start and finish more greater works in future. Tick! Tick! Tick! no time for minor works and mixed messages. The show must begin. Lights! Camera! Action! To arms!