Thursday, June 25, 2009

Unperfection

Today I accidentally ruined my painting Perfection and Necroamoria by trying to fix uneven dusty varnishing. First I tried to dab a bit of varnish away with a rag soaked in solvent and it largely worked although more dust got stuck and the varnish went sticky and looked worse. Later when dry I tried again with more solvent and cleaned the rag first, that did help with the dust but more solvent made the whole surface drippy. This is a problem. Some paint was removed too and incorporated into the varnish. The result is a mess. I'll have to spend serious time restoring it when I have good light. This is very bad but a lesson has been learned.

No comments :