Monday, March 01, 2010

Another Moon


A bigger version of the picture below. This is post number 666 but I'd like to think it's full of good "omen"s!

Today I've been painting a second version of a surreal portrait of my friend Andrew. Keen readers will remember it from November, it was a tunnel shaped like his profile cut into crumpled paper. Today's second version features more tone contrast, more attractive colouration and is generally better painted. I'll finish the underpainting tomorrow. I might add more to the old version. Today I noted that my signature is badly placed and would be partly chopped off my the frame.

4 comments :

Kathy said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! This enlarged image allows me to see the rich details of your work. Fantastic. Makes all the difference ...

-Don said...

Mark, you have marked your mark of the beast post with a wonderful bit of work. It's great seeing the subtle nuances in your paint application. I wish I could see one of these in person. Maybe someday...

-Don

PAMO said...

Thank you Mark for the larger image! YOU and your work are BRILLIANT!!

Mark Sheeky said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. Inside, everyone is brilliant.