Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Does Size Really Matter

Today I delivered some paintings to the Down To A Fine Art gallery in Stretton for their latest exhibition. "Does Size Really Matter" exhibits 60 local artists, glass makers, ceramicists and jewellers, with a size limitation of 24 inches (that's 60cm!). The exhibition runs from the 10th to the 25th. Oh, I should add that there is a free preview on Thursday the 15th at 6pm. From last time I recall that they were very generous with the wine. Hic.

I've also framed an old picture today, A Tower Of Bees Hit By Forces Beyond Their Control. I stained the wood yellow and overpainted with acrylic paint before applying a wood varnish. I rather like it!

My ear/throat infection is dragging on and dragging me down. My dream last night involved me trying to fight off rebellious Indo-Chinese with a slow firing sniper rifle. I reported to my commanding officer that I couldn't kill them fast enough to stop them multiplying. This is one of many dreams of being overwhelmed by enemy military forces that to me are an indication of infection; that and the sore throat, full head and tiredness that has dogged me for three months or so. I need reinforcements, or some sort of super weapon.