Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nine Ladies Weeping...

The Nine Ladies is complete! Here is a quick photo while it's wet. I'll scan it and post a better image in about two weeks... with luck it will dry in time! The painting surface had an annoying sandpaper texture which interfered with the glazing a little, but overall I'm reasonably pleased with this. It took about ten days work in total, of which six were painting and the rest composition, modelling, drawing, surface preparation etc. but of course it was based on a previous painting from last year so that helped.

Next I must make and decorate the frame. I've got three other paintings awaiting a glazing layer of some sort too, and up to ten drawn out and awaiting underpainting. Tick tick! For the rest of today though I'll rest. Have a nice day everyone.