Saturday, May 29, 2010

Summer Continues


Work on Remembering Summer continues and the second figure is painted. Painting small faces from blurry photographs is certainly good practise! Now I've decided to paint this in one layer I've been reminded about colour and how I've been neglecting it. This is one has only subtle tints and the whole picture is mostly grey due to the mood and indication of memory.

Today I made a couple more drying frames. Tomorrow I'm off the Birmingham; I've got the right date for the R.B.S.A. drop off this time!

5 comments :

PAMO said...

Beautiful Mark. I really like this.

-Don said...

She is lovely and has a wonderfully dreamy feel to her. I get lost in her beautiful, almost fragile, features...

-Don

Mark Sheeky said...

Thanks for the comments. I like these silent film pics. Over acting can help a painting too! Leonardo's poses were very "hammy"!

Kathy said...

This painting is fascinating!! I'm catching up and looked at your previous post as well. Can't wait to see the finished work.

Mark Sheeky said...

I'll post a pic soon enough Kathy. It's been a good picture for me, and led to some new techniques. In retrospect the best thing I could have done was rush and become unhappy with the other version. This one already pleases me.