Tuesday, July 06, 2010

How To Forget


Today I began painting version three of my bird orbiting a black hole. I wasn't very happy with it and I've been feeling very weak today, I reason due to my digestion which has been slow and "blocked", due to a slowdown after a hectic weekend. This is an annoying symptom of my I.B.S. and today left me too tired to want to move for a few hours.

However I did discover a new mental trick; how to erase a memory. I don't mean just ignore a memory, or make them fade naturally in the way we might not remember the weather last Thurdsay, I mean actually forget something. This does take a few sessions, but there is a simple clear exercise that anyone can do to forget an unwanted memory. I hope to spend some time in writing a detailed essay on this because it's not difficult and it is useful, to me at least. For a start I firmly believe that memory is finite, and freeing up some by forgetting old television has no downsides!

4 comments :

Jennifer Wadsworth said...

This image ... speaks to me. It doesn't matter why, just that it does.

There are many memories I would like to forget ... write on for the benefit of all.

Andrew Williams said...

I used to know how to forget things, but then... well, you know...

jerson said...

ive been following you for quite some time now. regards from the Philippines!

Mark Sheeky said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. I was going to write this... but... ah I'm repeating jokes. I'm halfway through a write up. I've been so busy recently.