Friday, September 24, 2010

Waterplay



The Cubby Hole held a charity event today in aid of MacMillan Cancer Relief. There's a similar event tomorrow. Basically, lots of free art materials are there, cakes, drinks, and expert help and demonstrations. Anyone can pop into the shop and have a go, all for a voluntary donation to MacMillan.

Sniffly me was persuaded to go along and I'm glad that I did, having a nice time and painting a few watercolours, and making things up as I went along for a change. I was happy enough to sign them, see!





I haven't painted in watercolours in months. When was the last time you tried a different medium?

4 comments :

-Don said...

The joy is evident in each one of these little beauties. Kudos to you for stepping out of your comfort zone and finding some fun.

-Don

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Hi Mark, Fun! Naturally I'm drawn to the seahorse with what looks life a flower held by the tail. Last time I stepped out of my comfort zone...when I draw with my watercolor brush. Only a little out of my comfort zone....

Kathy said...

A agree with Don, the joy is evident in your work. As for trying a new medium - I'm not as experimental. I've spent the past 45 years using oils, acrylics, watercolors, and gouache (gave up on pastels) but I've always been interested egg tempera. One of these days I'll try it. Thanks for the nudge!

Mark Sheeky said...

Hi folks. I like the seahorse flower tail too! It began with the other blob which looked like a seahorse to me, so I decided to do a seahorse picture.

Nudge nudge! My dad had some Daler tubed egg tempera paint... it looked rather like gouache.