Monday, November 01, 2010

Christmas 2010

For the past couple of years I've designed a Christmas card to give to my friends. I've been drawing that out today. Card number three began with a dome and the resulting design looked rather like a scene from Star Wars (not much of a surprise as that film was practially a direct cross between Flash Gordon and The Greatest Story Ever Told). So Christmas will be alien themed this year. I must make haste with this one, I've only got a few weeks to paint it, dry it, scan it and print it!


In the evening I set out the paintings for my exhibition set up tomorrow in the Lyceum Theatre. It'll be a busy month I think.

Every five days or so I'm hit with an itchy throat, sore throat, burning face and night fever, then it passes. It's been that way for so many months now that I suspect I'll have this for the rest of my life. The doctors can't find anything wrong and have become convinced my symptoms are psychological. I suppose only time will tell what will happen. I must focus on positivity and work.

11 comments :

Robin said...

Maybe you have allergies? it's frustrating when you don't feel well and the doctor says there is nothing to treat.

Good luck with your painting exhibit, and your Christmas card looks like fun! I hope you share the end result on your blog.

PAMO said...

Oh Mark! How I wish I were on your Christmas card list. Best of luck setting up your exhibit.

I'm sorry about your health issues. I hope you figure it out sooner than later. Doctors use the old psychological diagnosis when they can't figure it out. That's a shame really. They are human too, sometimes they just don't know.

John Salmon. said...

Hey Mark, you're not alergic to anything in your paints are you?

Mark Sheeky said...

Thanks for the comments, I don't think it's serious, I'll be fine :)

Of course I'll post the picture when it's done. Email me your address Pam and I'll see what I can do... that goes for all of you my regular blog friends.

Kathy said...

I can't even begin to think about Christmas!! I marvel at your ability to look so far ahead. I'm sure your card will be a "collectable." So sorry to hear about your illness and the medical community's inability to diagnose it. Like Robin, I'm wondering about allergies or even a reaction to some of the materials you're using. I do hope this will soon be resolved and you'll be well again!

PAMO said...

Really Mark?!! Wow!! You're on! And I'm get my own special PAMO card in the works for you.
Whoo HOOOO!!!! Oh, but no pressure, really. (Really, no pressure.)

-Don said...

Christmas cards are always fun. I've created an original card each year since 1982. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Get better. In case you haven't figured it out, being sick sucks!!!

-Don

Mark Sheeky said...

Actually Kathy there's not much time for a two layer oil painting and an order for cards. I'm behind the ball...

Wow Don that's a lot of cards. I wonder how they've changed over the years.

Pam - Yep! ... if I get it finished in time!

-Don said...

The cards have evolved with my life. From 1986 through 2007 they were mostly centered around my family. In fact, from 1988 thru 1992 one of my oldest son's gifts for that year appeared in the design. That ended as he got old enough to pay attention.

-Don

-Don said...

Oh yeah, I have several of them on my Facebook fanpage. Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=160681&id=172791995954

Mark Sheeky said...

Nice cards there Don. Thanks for sharing the link.