Sunday, November 14, 2010

Completed


The Starcrossed Escape Of The Psychological Cosmonaut is complete apart from the signature (face detail shown). Last week was tough, an emotional and physical strain due to lots of things happening at once, but through it I forced myself to paint and now it is done and I feel calm. My sore throats and ear aches aren't getting better so I'll see what some rest can do. After many months of this I can see myself going back to the doctor for a sixth or seventh or whatever it is opinion, only to be sent back home to rest. I feel so tired of life today.

But I'm pleased with the painting. I have one other underpainting, The Annuciation, but that's quite a lot smaller and not for anything in particular. I'm really so fed up with painting that I'll quite simply stop. I've been ignoring my feelings and whims too often and now it's time to do what I want. No schedules. No plans. At last.

8 comments :

Andrew Williams said...

No schedules, no plans. Hurrah!

Robin said...

Mark, your painting is beautiful and delicate, but if you feel like you need to take a break you are wise to listen to your intuition. I have been meaning to ask you if you have heard of EBV and I am posting the link for you to check out - http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/ebv.htm

A friend of mine spent months feeling exhausted, achey, and doctors didn't know what was wrong with him, it turned out it was this.

Mark Sheeky said...

I resisted the link, like I do to finding out about any disease! Virii are fascinating things aren't they. Anyway I've had this for over six months so it's unlikely to be EBV, thankfully.

Anyway I don't like to talk about illnessess. Back to art. I'm glad this painting is finished. Week two of November has been productive. I wonder what week three will hold.

Carolina Moon Arts Studio said...

Mark, she is amazing. her expression is very unique! :)

-Don said...

Rest, my friend, in the pleasurable glow of a job well done. Take a few days off for Mark. It sounds like he needs it.

-Don

PAMO said...

Rest dammit. Or I'll be flying across the pond to tie you to your bed.

Kathy said...

As always, Mark, your work is wonderful and your health causes me alarm. I'm glad to know that you're getting some well-deserved rest. Get lots of it!! Hug.

Mark Sheeky said...

I am resting! - for me :) The expression turns out to be just perfect for the painting, despite coming about for a mix of reasons. Without any conscious effort I painted about 90% joy and 10% terror..! Just right for this one. Thanks for the hug Kathy :) Have one back.