Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Lyceum Exhibition


My latest exhibition is now set up at the Lyceum Theatre, Crewe. It's a joint exhibition with Ray Perez and runs until the 16th of December. Setting up was a challenge but a good day and I learned a bit more about the best way to do these things. I'm slowly accreting a set of tools especially for exhibition hanging.

Today was the annual general meeting of my group Art Support, which is now so large that we've decided that a waiting list needs to be imposed. I'm press officer there and I'll be in charge of publicity for three exhibitions next year, but my first is an announcement about a small display at Burland Stores, Wrexham Road, Burland, Nantwich.

Now I must get on with the Christmas Card.

Other Lyceum pics...


6 comments :

Caio Fern said...

wonderful place .
all the best .

-Don said...

Cool looking venue. I wish I could walk through and see the work in person - especially yours. Congrats on the success of your art group. You must be doing an excellent job of getting the word out. Kudos.

-Don

Sharmon Davidson said...

The exhibition looks great- congratulations!

Kathy said...

A great venue and congratulations on your exhibition!! I'd love to see more pictures of your work on the walls if you have them. I'm having trouble identifying them from these photos.

Robin said...

what an interesting, dimensional exhibition space. Good luck with your show, Mark. I look forward to seeing your card as it progresses.

Mark Sheeky said...

Hiya, It's a nice exhibition area, mostly around the walls of the spiraling staircase, with two rooms too.

Half of the work is Ray's so that might explain that Cathy; the square prints though are my CD covers which I designed for printing at 12" square. It's the first time I've showed them but it makes a nice change from my usual art.

I'd like to do some sort of tour of the exhibition. I must set a day to arrange it!