Thursday, November 11, 2010

Starcrossed


I'm still painting. The Christmas underpainting was completed on Tuesday and I'm now working on the Starcrossed Escape. This is time consuming and the long hours, bad light and cold are proving tiresome. I'm looking forward to a rest from painting after this one.

The eclipse part is shown. Those rays are difficult to get right. The slightest mark in the wet glaze remains eternally visible so each touch and stroke must be perfect. I aim to finish this layer on Sunday.

5 comments :

Kathy said...

Beautifully executed! Your patience and technical expertise show.

Mark Sheeky said...

Thanks Kathy. I had a good day of painting today. I hope you did too.

Kathy said...

Hi Mark - every day is a good day when I paint; not because the work always turns out well but because it's so much fun to do! So far, I like the way my latest one is progressing. I think it will be OK. BTW - when will you post the link to the interview you did? I'd love to see it.

PAMO said...

It's looking gorgeous Mark! I'd love to see your interview too. :-))

Mark Sheeky said...

The interview made me cringe. I was sent a DVD but I can't find the interview online so I've asked the reporter about it.