Monday, December 20, 2010

Do Re Mi

I couldn't sleep last night and became semi-obsessed with writing new lyrics to the Sound of Music song Do-Re-Mi! The rules were that I couldn't use the same definitions as Rodgers and Hammerstein.

Do, some bread, some un-made bread.
Re, a name without the mond.
Mi, and mi, a French girl's name.
Fa, la la a wordless song.
Sol, the proper name for sun.
La, la land a madman's home.
Ti, a game of golf begun,
and that brings us back to...

So that's a bit of silliness. The video work is slow and difficult. My script was too complex, and long (for a three minute video). I'm mostly working on painting plans.

3 comments :

Susan Roux said...

I was reading a bit about your project. Your brain sounds like it's in overload! No wonder you needed to step back and rewrite some simple lyrics. They were cute, by the way...

Good luck with this video you have underway.

Robin said...

It's true, switching to a different medium (music) is always a healthy break and hopefully rejuvenating!

Mark Sheeky said...

Hi Susan, yes my brain was a bit on overload! The video was a bit too difficult...

Yes Robin a change is as good as a rest. I tend to find it more restful than actually doing nothing, which I find very difficult!