Monday, May 23, 2011

Tick Tick


I'm working on "The Invisible Woman". The underpainting was a little rough and under those circumstances a light glaze in identical colours can help things along, so I began that process today. The delicate rainbow is a particular challenge.

I also made contact with Lyceum historian Stewart Green who has kindly agreed to put together a selection of rare old photographs of the venue so that I might paint something spectacular for the centenary. Charlie Chaplin and Stan Laurel are among the many stars who have performed there and I'm looking forward to seeing these old images which Stewart has worked hard over many years to obtain.

More work on the big blue woman tomorrow...

3 comments :

-Don said...

Looking good... That rainbow is impressive. Having just painted one recently I know how difficult they are to achieve.

-Don

jill said...

Your work is looking great, I hope your ear infection and other illness clears up soon. Luckily mine was a short illness and i know how to fix myself. Ears are a different problem, my husband has had repeated infections for about a year now with no help from NHS. I keep meaning to go to the heath shop in town, I would have more faith in them.

Mark Sheeky said...

Rainbows can be tricky. The colours look primary but they are all relative to the sky, so the orangey red there is neutral grey on the palette, in fact most of the rainbow colours are grey greens.

My ear problem turns out to be a throat infection. Am gargling.