Friday, December 28, 2012

Octopus Frame Completed

It's a strange time, to finish things. Strange and even dangerous. I've normally got so many things in progress at once that this is one of the first times in years that I've completed my paintings, music and other things all at the same time! Now, what... ah yes. Part two of the Octopus Frame...

After the brown paint came gold, and red. The result was distinctly Roman. Here it is...

The next step was the curtain, which In the end I attached using split rings. This worked, and the iron bar fitted just perfectly, a stroke of luck considering I bent it by guessing, clamping it into a vice and pulling at about the right place. Some ordered and testable way of calculating the place to bend is needed for the future, although I don't expect I'll be bending many bars in future. Perhaps my curtain experiment phase is over?

Anyway, the step after that involved painting the "black hole" panel for the arched hole at the top. This wasn't very spectacular looking and I wish I'd have thought about this more before starting work. Generally, a tight deadline is best but sometimes things need to be done with time and care.

After that the frame was finished, and here it is...

The painting is called An Octopus Finally Killing A Lighthouse Which Is Assumpted Into An Angel. Here is a close up of the painting...

I now offer limited edition prints and open edition photographic reproductions of all of my paintings, as well as the original. The problem with this one is that many venues demand frames that have no delicate parts or sharp bits that might damage other more delicate artworks. Unfortunately that might rule out this being shown anywhere except local venues (but at least Vermeer lived in obscurity because he was similarly confined to his local area so I can take comfort from that good company.)

I hope you like the painting. All details as ever on www.marksheeky.com.

And now...