Friday, May 19, 2006

I Am Money Song

After a productive week, I have finished the underpainting to my Art of Painting picture. I have some reservations, but every painting needs mistakes. As soon as I make a painting without any I will be deluding myself as opposed to producing those elusive perfect works. Drying this picture is risky. It's very heavy, being on a 16mm thick panel of dense wood and it doesn't fit on any of the drying racks I've built so I have to balance it face down on one of an approximate size. If it slips when I'm moving it from the top of my wardrobe and falls wet side down then it's ruined, so I have to take care. Van Gogh was so lucky to paint blobby things in one morning. Painting perfectly smooth things in several months is much more fraught with danger. In other news, I've written a couple of songs over the past week. The lyrics to my latest one follow.

I Am Money

How'd you like to be embraced?
How'd you like to taste some pure security?
That's what money is and money's me.

How you'd like to find the love,
love you never had, a love you couldn't touch?
Well, I love you darling very much.

Take a ride and take a trip.
Sit astride and crack the whip.
Soon you'll love me,
get afflicted
spend me,
make me,
be addicted.
I am money.
I am every single thing that you can see.
I am money!
Everything is me.

How'd you like to stop all wars,
feed the world and more then live in luxury?
No hope if you're poor, you can with me.

How'd you like to watch me grow.
Plant me I'm the child you never had time for.
Humans are consumers, consume more.

(chorus)

How'd you like to be adored?
That's what money's like, that's what it's for.
Every man in rated. What's your score?

How'd you like to own the world,
every boy and girl you can posess them all.
I can give control to chaos' hoardes.

(chorus)