Sunday, May 21, 2006

Songs and More

I've had a constructive weekend, not including the laughable Eurovision Song Contest which should be renamed the Easterneuropean Song Contest because all of the ex-soviet and ex-yugoslav republics now vote for each other pushing Britain, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Scandinavia etc. into the bottom half of a table now full of countries ending "ania" or "stan". Finland, bridging east and west, is destined to be the new Ireland as everyone's favourite. Anyway, I've started to paint a colourful examination of van Gogh's colour theories. This will take a long time because I've decided on a bright underpainting to reinforce the colours. Van Gogh would never have done that but I'm not trying to copy. In other news, the Steven McLachlan music project ("The Journey") is apparently back on after I made Steven promise to get the vocals done this year (even so, that will still mean that some tracks will be three years old, he takes his time for sure).