Friday, November 17, 2006

One Love Invite

Well my invite to the One Love exhibition preview on the 30th has arrived. With visits all over the place this week I've had hardly any time for work (and I'm off to see the Bond film in a minute) but I've got three sketches ready. One is a painted version of the van Gogh parrot which must be done in a fast impasto style, a little like my William Tell paintings (which, as you might know, are done during the finalé of the William Tell overture, which under masterpiece rules means excluding the introductory fanfare). I rarely paint like that but it is fun and this parrot will not benefit from fine details, partly because the original had none and partly because the head would not fit without the delightful mental glue provided the viewer's own perception.