Monday, February 16, 2009

New Compositions

Back to work. I've cut the paper for Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane. The final composition was not spectacular enough for the giant 120cm canvas I've ordered the stretchers for. It's rather intimidating to have such huge blank canvas there. I'm immensely excited by it but I'll have to remember that my first attempt at such a big painting will be a form of training and a learning process. It is better to just get going than hold back for what I think might be a "great" picture. I've decided to cut the Gethsemane one down by a few percent, and have two other possible ideas for the big one. I've prepared the paper for a small one called, at the moment, Clinging To A Very Remote Being and begun the composition of a new idea about personality masks. The picture here is the underpainted windmill from The Silkworm.