Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Emmanuel Kant's chick, and a box.

Two small paintings worked on yesterday and a song penned. Today if I'd got up at 3pm after staying in bed all day with depression (which, incidentally, has never happened) I would probably have been more artistic. At my art group and painted an "acrylic" landscape that looked like a Cézanne, yes that bad. Now I'm making a carrying case for wet oil paintings. I must photograph it because it's a useful invention. Some members of my group want one, at least lovely Anne does, the sole oil painter there. Essentially it is a wooden case with sloping sides and an elasticated closing mechanism so that a wet painting when face down will not slip about. It also has a windowed side so that the painting can dry in the light, and dust free.