Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday

Wednesdays mean a visit to my group, Art Support. I transferred the drawing for a surreal portrait of Andrew but that hardly took any time which left enough time for chats, mostly to fellow oil painter Anne. I stocked up on cards at the Lyceum in the afternoon, finished off the first draft of some sound effects, stained and varnished the frame for the M.O.M.A. Wales painting, then located some source images for the Art Support summer competition, and a second painting with a lighthouse. Soon my friend Simon will arrive for his weekly visit.

Today's shock though was that Pat Fletcher who was a member of our art group for a few months, a painter and an organiser of local events, has died in an accident while on holiday. There was a silent pause in the meeting today. My thoughts are with her family tonight.