Monday, December 21, 2009

Seed to field to seed


Inspired by John Salmon I've decided to make a Christmas present of some music to my blog readers to celebrate my new found blog friends. Here is a track from The Twelve Seasons called Seed To Field To Seed, which tries to evoke growth and rebirth, the passing of the seasons in a country field.

For a time you can download the track here:
R13A-T11-MarkSheeky-SeedToFieldToSeed.mp3. I hope you like it.

I wanted the melody to grow like cells, and so was partly inspired by the imagery of cellular automata. When I listen to this I see frost over a grassy field, thawing in the golden sun, releasing seeds that growing into new green grass, eventually frosting over again, slowly as a second winter approaches at the end.

7 comments :

John Salmon said...

Wow! Thank you Mark, that is such a lovely piece of music. We may be starting a trend here.

May I invite any of your readers who would like to listen to and/or download my music to visit my blog too. It's not as mellow as Marks piece, it's more whimsical but hopefully it will make you tap your feet and leave you feeling invigorated.

Not that Marks doesn't by the way.

-Don said...

Mark, Thank you for this Christmas gift. I enjoyed opening it up.

I'm glad I knew the title as I listened. I was able to imagine seeds falling to the ground, quietly laying there through the winter until the spring warmth and rains arrive. Then the seeds become seedlings, steadily growing as sunshine alternates with the rain. The excitement of spring and summer slowly fades to the quietness of autumn, at which point the seeds start to fall...

Rebirth is a great thought to end the year on. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, my friend.

-Don

Mark Sheeky said...

Thanks Don. A good Christmas and the best 2010 to you both.

PAMO said...

Mark- you are a GIFT of a person. Your generous spirit always comes through. I saw that you have given your friends the gift of song- and I must listen- later when I can relax and truly hear it. Thank you so much! I will comment again after I can spend some time with your creation. Your endless talents are amazing. I'm so glad to know you.

Kathy said...

Mark, This is a wonderful gift, indeed! While I was listening, I could envision the animation of life as it cycles through time. Your artistic gifts never cease to amaze me. Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

PAMO said...

I just listened Mark- beautiful! Maybe it's because it's Christmas- it had a strong sense of Christmas to me and a strong sense of winter. Makes me want to snuggle around a fire with a cup of hot chocolate. Hmm- I have some hot chocolate in the cabinet- I can always imagine the fire. Thank you for the gift of your music!
And John- I'll be sure to check out your blog as well.

Mark Sheeky said...

Thanks Kathy and PAMO. Listening to this made me think that I should wrote more music, I've hardly done any this year! Firey chocolate snuggles to you over the holiday :)