Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Carelesstaker

A second day of glazing. In between, I watched extracts of plays and poems by Harold Pinter, one of my favourite writers. I had an idea for a painting that was about errors. I remember reading that it had been proven philosophically that a certain proportion of all communication is erroneous, and while painting, and making errors, I noted that a certain proportion of every task is erroneous. The painting title, therefore is "A Certain Proportion Of Any Accomplishment Is Erroneous". The idea sketch shows some elements, a face being painted with mistakes. Collapsing letters, as well as codes and mathematics.

At the end of the Harold Pinter programme, an extract from his Nobel Prize speech was read. It essentially said, that a certain proportion of all communication is erroneous. So it looks like at least part of me got the message!

Now! To more interesting things. Today's painting will be completed tomorrow. My list of things to do is as voluptuous as the world's finest grapes. Onward then, to sup the wine of action and feel the warm numbness of destiny!