Saturday, January 02, 2010

Saturday

I did little work yesterday but rest, which is the perfect way to start a perfect year. Today I've been underpainting "Hell Is Having Nothing To Do But Wait For The Conclusion Of An Inevitable Journey". I posted a couple of quick colour studies for this a few days ago. I've put the picture away to dry so can't post a photo yet. It certainly doesn't look like I've spent 11 hours on it, but I have. It's been good to get back to painting but I could do with coming back up to speed. I find that when I begin I concentrate on tiny details using my tiniest brush, painting tiny bits perfectly. This is not very efficient. I'll get faster then more I paint.

But ho! It's a new year! I file things by year so I've now got empty space for new poems, songs, writings! That's a good incentive to create new things so I aim to do just that.

2 comments :

PAMO said...

Happy New Year Mark! It always amazes me how much time art can take. Your persistence is rewarded! Looking forward to your creations in 2010.

Kathy said...

Ah, "the devil is in the details!" An art instructor once said that "the first thing the viewer sees is the last thing the artist painted." Maybe, or maybe not, but the attention you give to your work is a reward for the viewers! Can't wait to see what you've done.