Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wax Cataclysm

The drawing for the Wales picture, Remembering Summer, is complete and has been transferred to the panel.

Today I've painted a colours study for a complex picture called Wax Cataclysm of Phoenixes and Unphoenixes, which is quite a small painting but is full of brightness and technical complexity due to the new texture of candle wax which I must learn to paint. Here is the colour study;


I've also started on the Annunciation colour study, which will approximately use the same colours as the van Eyck picture, and I've made a frame, re-repaired a damaged picture and will soon transcribe some poems. I'm feeling rather tired due to my illness but I think it will go soon. I'm thankful for the care I've received from a special friend and am looking forward to a fruitful last week of this month.

4 comments :

-Don said...

I like where you're going with this colour study. The inclusion of the flame shapes throughout is a nice touch. I'm glad you're feeling better.

-Don

Kathy said...

Another fascinating painting! I'm captivated by your work and love the limited palette. It's good to know that you're on the mend. Get well very soon!

PAMO said...

Mark- you are a genius- but I guess you already know that. Thank you for sharing your work- you always inspire. I'm glad you're feeling better too.

Mark Sheeky said...

I'm not a genius just a lonely painter with nothing else in my life. Thanks for the comments everyone.