Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday


Today I've been painting a picture called "Now I've Tasted Love There Is No Going Back To A Loveless Life" which is rather complicated and really quite amazing even to me. I'm painting it rather differently than normal, toying with the colours more, wise to my "chromosurrealism" rules; designed to use colour in a neurological way instead of a purely aesthetic way.

All is going well and the concerns of the weekend have been forgotten. I spent yesterday at the zoo and took some films in the butterfly house. I hope to edit together a short video for my tune "Flight Of A Moth". Not my first choice for music "single", but well the butterfly house suits a video perfectly! I'd like to do more music videos but it's a matter of planning and resources. At least now I know how to edit; using the free Avidemux software.

I've prepared for my exhibition in October at The Cubby Hole. Carol there is a wonderful matron for the arts. Her little craft shop has become a nice little hub in my life since discovering it and I enjoy every visit. I'll write to a few local papers and try to drum up some interest. The poster is shown.

Now I'll rest. Another full day tomorrow.

3 comments :

Eva said...

What a wonderful poster.It's sure to drum up some interest. Your paintings are amazing and I know your show will be too. Good luck!

PAMO said...

The poster is gorgeous! You just keep cranking out all this wonderful work. Inspiring. I'm looking forward to seeing your latest painting, you sound excited about it. Your music video project sounds wonderful!

Mark Sheeky said...

Thanks for the comments. Sorry I've been offline for a few days. A combination of lack of energy, lack of time and a broken Internet on one day! Now, to post a video...