Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Tick Tick


A busy few days. The picture is my painting being formally accepted by Cllr. Richard Short at the Grosvenor Museum Chester. It's now part of the permanent collection and to be hanged on St. Luke's Day, which is the 18th Oct - as we all know!

Not much creative work done since Friday, but some sound effect work and paperwork. Tomorrow I'll plan my November exhibition in the Lyceum. Thursday I'll do some work on my game Flatspace II, and Friday is the hanging of the Cubby Hole Exhibition, my big solo one of the year. I'm behind on my daily poems... I must write some! Sometimes making myself write produces good results. If you do what you feel you WILL miss out. It's important to push sometimes - yes!

9 comments :

The Scrybe said...

Oh wow, congratulations! :)

Robin said...

Mark, your painting is amazing, (did you mount it on a board temporarily for presenting it, will it be framed by you?) and so was listening to the sample of music on your CD. I am blown away by all your different mediums and how incredible you are at each of them.

Mark Sheeky said...

Hiya Scrybe and Robin and thanks for the comments. Actually that's a dark grey frame not a board. It's a solid square of wood that I painted to look like grey stone. It might look a bit strange though because the photographer had trouble taking the photo because of varnish glare. Thanks for taking time to listen to my music. I have too many ideas for future things and too little time!

-Don said...

Congratulations, Mark! This is really cool. The museum has added a wonderful piece to their collection.

-Don

John Salmon. said...

Congratulations from me too Mark. You look very proud with yourself and so you should be. Quite an achievement to get your work into a museum while you are still alive.
Well done.

Carolina Moon Arts Studio said...

Mark, CONGRATULATIONS! What an honor!

PAMO said...

Congratulations my friend! A tremendous honor for a master art work. Well done!!!

Kathy said...

Oh, Mark- this is WONDERFUL news!! The painting is a masterpiece and the recognition is well-deserved. I'm dancing a jig :-)

Mark Sheeky said...

Thanks for the enouranging comments everyone. You can stop the jig now Kathy :)