Friday, January 09, 2009

Today's song. I've noticed that I write a lot of songs in January, probably spurred on by new commitments. This one is a sentimental 3/4 piano ballad but a little jazzy, a bit like The Millionaire Waltz by Queen. It's called Just In Case It Messes You Up. It's not particularly catchy, but heartfelt.

I can't tell you
that I love you
just in case
it messes you up.

So I'll keep my feelings to myself.

I tell strangers
that I love you.
Can't tell friends
just in case.

So I'll keep my secret in its place.

We've certainly had our ups and downs,
there were times I wasn't sure but now I know,
because every time you speak to me I can feel that magic glow.

(solo)

Might be never.
To my grave.
Held forever
right here in my heart.

I can't tell you I love you just in case,
it messes you up.

2 comments :

John Salmon said...

Hi Mark, hope you've left me a little room so I can jump in with a few harmonica riffs. Hope you are well.

Mark Sheeky said...

Harmonica? Why not??!! I've probably made more blog entries this year than last and it's only the 9th of January! The year has been productive even if I wasted those four days on a failed painting. The new machochism post perhaps shows that those days were not wasted. It's sometimes a joy to fail because it implies learning.