Friday, January 09, 2009

Just In Case It Messes You Up

Today's song. I've noticed that I write a lot of songs in January, probably spurred on by new commitments. This one is a sentimental 3/4 piano ballad but a little jazzy, a bit like The Millionaire Waltz by Queen. It's called Just In Case It Messes You Up. It's not particularly catchy, but heartfelt.

I can't tell you
that I love you
just in case
it messes you up.

So I'll keep my feelings to myself.

I tell strangers
that I love you.
Can't tell friends
just in case.

So I'll keep my secret in its place.

We've certainly had our ups and downs,
there were times I wasn't sure but now I know,
because every time you speak to me I can feel that magic glow.

(solo)

Might be never.
To my grave.
Held forever
right here in my heart.

I can't tell you I love you just in case,
it messes you up.