Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Anger

Aaaaaaah! I cry in anger. I have to say that a transformation has taken place in me over the past few months. I've had unprecedented emotional highs, lows, and crises and a gradual if stochastic gaining of confidence and positivity; a definite change in attitude. The few regular readers here might have noticed this! One very recent change is in the way I cope with negativity. In that past I would mope, analyse and accept it, but in the past two weeks I've got angry. Angry for the first time in decades and that's what happened tonight with Urban Escape.

One of the great joy with oil painting is that you have the freedom to change things. You can paint over things, move around when wet or wait for it to dry, or wipe off however much you want and start again if needed. So I did just that and this evening got out my cotton buds and cloths and wiped off all of today's work and a good deal of the previous layer too. I will repaint the underpainting and, because my new motto is to share every experience, I will show the process here. The first picture shows the result that was too dark. The green looks very intense there; it was but that was within tolerance levels. The second picture shows the layer beneath.