Sunday, April 05, 2009

The Landscape of Anna Q. Nilsson 1

I've been painting the underpainting to The Landscape Of Anna Q. Nilsson today and going through the full spectrum of emotions even extending to the erotic! I'm only on day three of my six month tour of painting duty, but even after just three days wish I could get out more.

Initial negativity gave way to joy. I'm growing in powers daily and in the past week good news has been supplanted with better news with each coming day. I expect the next six months then to be better than ever, ironically because the days will be more arduous than ever, more intense, with more concentration spent for more hours.

The painting went adequately. A second day at least will be needed. The work is smoother and finer than ever but this complex work is complex chromatically. The finished painting will go on show in Marbury village church, 9th and 10th of May. After this is done I'll begin design work for the MOMA Wales competition.