Friday, April 17, 2009

The Landscape Of Anna Q. Nilsson 3


The first day of glazing this painting today (detail shown, prior to glazing). I've tilted it on its side so that you can more easily see that it's the self-same Anna Q. Nilsson portrait but as a landscape.

The picture is unusual for me partly because I made up many of the elements in one session during the drawing phase so the ray and (inverted) heart hole were added spontaneously. I have painted a lot of hearts in my pictures but I've noticed that recently, within the last 3 months I've been painting inverted heart shapes instead which I find fascinating. The new shape is more sexual because it's a bit like the head of a penis, points up and is also more positive I think. I interpret this as love is on the up. There is plenty of interesting negativity in my paintings, and as a consequence of a lag-time of many months that will continue, but as my outlook becomes increasingly positive I'm noticing small changes like that inverted heart creep into the output from my subconscious.

No comments :