Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Tuesday

I've been working on website ideas today but have been feeling rather tired and cold all day. I'm also putting all of my paintings plus poems on another blog to make an alternative gallery to my website. I have one on Facebook too. I feel I should limit a list of works to just my website because it's quite some work to retype everything. I seem to waste days and days doing mindless tasks while dreaming of actual creative work. It's halfway through February and I've not completed a painting or anything much really apart from a few poems and two catchy tunes. At times like this, quiet rest is the best option.

5 comments :

Kathy said...

Mark, you're wise to take a break from the work of creating art, but I'm certain that creative ideas are streaming through your brain at the speed of light anyway. I always look forward to seeing/hearing/reading your new works. Have a nice rest.

-Don said...

Ahhh, quiet rest...

Alas, what is that?

Actually, I bet that "dreaming of actual work" will translate itself into a flurry of focussed work which will create the next Sheeky masterpiece.

-Don

Four Seasons in a Life said...

Hi Mark,

It sounds like we are both burning the candle at both ends. Earlier I wrote a friend and said I need to be the day to be 36 hours long because I need 24 hours to keep above water.

Wishing you all the best,
Egmont

Kay said...

Creating an on-line presence is so time consuming and PCs just seem to eat up time. I know what you mean about feeling tired, there are so many bugs flying around this time of year. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Mark Sheeky said...

My rest worked! Thanks for the comments. I used to be a computer addict yet now they frustrate me and waste my time at every turn. I wonder if I've changed... or have computers?