Thursday, August 23, 2007

Progress

Mostly busy on painting at the moment, with a short time out to remaster the Gunstorm II song for its single release. The St. Andrew picture is underpainted but I've decided to rework the composition so I'll not finish that until at least next year. Pictures in progress include:

Domination of the Fishes. A small panel in the style of Half a Broken Heart about the depletion of fish stocks (Mmm, fish stock).
Eye Among the Pears. One of my few highly surreal pictures (because normally I pick an main idea instead of dreamily automise subconscious visions). This is a partial tribute to a picture called Christina's World.
Artificial Venus is a female figure study, originally a colour test for the St. Andrew picture. It has proved useful but will be a picture in its own right when I complete it.
Sunset with Petalliforms is also quite surreal and about the forlorn hope of romance.
Dead Bird says it all. It's a test of simply copying from a photo. I could have picked a live bird but: A. They don't stand still enough for me to photograph and B. My personality is instinctively contrary.

A few are in the very earliest stages, but the sketch is complete to a cover picture for a proposed music album of my game music called Stupid Computer Music. Over winter I'd like to get some music done. Hopefully finish The Journey with Steven, remaster The Spiral Staircase and perhaps write a sequel which is pencilled in as The Music Box.