Sunday, July 05, 2009

Memories of Glitter

I bought some glitter yesterday when I wasn't expecting to! Later I discovered it was the perfect thing to add to my current painting, The Lightning Of Creation. The message of an artwork is the most important thing but it's craft and beauty are important too. The glitter for the lightning is perfect here, it is itself creative, a leap above the plain oil paint so to speak and the design and shape of the abstracted zig-zag lightning perfectly suits a "flat" colour.

My recent experiments reminded me of a picture from my earlier days in 2005 called Symphony Of Peace (pictured). My only painting to include glitter, silver, gold and black enamel paint, and silver oil paint. It was painted at a time when I was experimenting with different techniques and materials. A truly positive and happy picture.