Sunday, November 14, 2010

Completed

The Starcrossed Escape of the Psychological Cosmonaut is complete apart from the signature (face detail shown). Last week was tough, an emotional and physical strain due to lots of things happening at once, but through it I forced myself to paint and now it is done and I feel calm. My sore throats and ear aches aren't getting better so I'll see what some rest can do. After many months of this I can see myself going back to the doctor for a sixth or seventh or whatever it is opinion, only to be sent back home to rest. I feel so tired of life today.

But I'm pleased with the painting. I have one other underpainting, The Annunciation, but that's quite a lot smaller and not for anything in particular. I'm really so fed up with painting that I'll quite simply stop. I've been ignoring my feelings and whims too often and now it's time to do what I want. No schedules. No plans. At last.