Thursday, May 19, 2011

Crewe and Nantwich

Two projects are filling my art life. First is Nantwich Festival of Arts. I went to view my exhibition venue today and met lots of new artists. Lindsey asked me to come along to an event next Thursday and use some fancy machine to make some badges. I'm quite looking forward to it. I've not really done any "event" type things which is a good reason to do some, so it's a good thing that someone came up with an idea, because I don't have much in the way of equipment to do a public demonstration or anything, and more importantly no way to carry it the four miles from my house to the place.

Secondly I'm due to go to the Lyceum Theatre to photograph it and prepare for the centenary celebrations. I aim to paint something for it, a spectacular masterpiece. At first I wondered how much money to ask for such a commission and soon the grandeur of the event, the unveiling with dignitaries and press cameras, cries of awe and feinting ladies, made me realise that I'd have to ask millions at least. I'll restrain myself. I'll include eternal reproduction rights and offer to design some postcards for the theatre to sell. The council would make a profit so I'm sure that they would commission me if they have confidence in my skills. I know I can do a good job, but fear that I leapt in too early with a very rough idea in our first last week that received an uncertain response. Let us see how it goes.

A short course of ear medicine hasn't fixed my ears and I'm still experiencing regular dull deaf headness and dizziness. This intoleration will disappear in a day or two only to return in a week or two. Meanwhile I'm awoken at night with shivers. This is an inconvenience more than anything as I'm trying to record the vocals to my new album Black and White. This has gone well so far, at least I'm a much better singer that I was three years ago, but I remain realistic in regard of my very average abilities. Like anything, this needs practice to perfect.

Tick tick! Keep busy.