Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Blog Life

Well, an interesting day today, going through some past blog posts. I used to blog regularly, but since perhaps the ArtsLab programme, I stopped, perhaps preferring to write more on Facebook, or on offline channels. I always kept and keep regular work diaries for every creative project, recording my thoughts and technical notes, and perhaps those have gained priority in recent years.

I do notice that I used to blog a lot more, prior to 2011. I also notice, annoyingly, that many of my posts, over 1000 or so, have problems loading due to https issues around blogger. These need manually updating, no small feat. I could potentially do this in a day or two and am working to do this; mainly updating each post, checking links and various things.

It feels good to read back some of those old posts and perhaps I'll get back into the habit of doing this more. Social media, that fad, was social and blog-like once, but now it's more advertising based, and not very social. The Facebook method of adding 'Friends' isn't as useful at the Twitter (or Instagram, or Blogger) method of posting anything, viewing anything and allowing the same. the benefit here is that it is NOT social; it can be interesting, like Wikipedia can, and perhaps that is one key benefit.

Updates continue. I'll aim for 400 posts per day.