Thursday, July 13, 2006

Open Your Eyes

Apart from a signature I'll now consider my latest painting complete. I'll add it to my website soon. In other news I've been working hard on the production of a song called Open Your Eyes (was that really from 2002? How time flies). Anyway the song sounds good at the moment and is a fast paced dance-sort of electronic pop song. I'm very pleased with it, Steven McLachlan's excellent vocals have really made this one and it could easily be a top ten hit with the correct marketing. Unfortunately these things are usually about marketing. Still, I hope the world will hear it somehow when the album is finished. So many of my songs will die with me which is a shame so I must take every opportunity to record them. New singers are always wanted. Not all of the songs are as punchy as this one and some are downright strange, crossing and even making new boundaries.