Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Paintings and The Journey

Today I've been working on two things, firstly a very complex painting full of symbols and figures. It's been in the planning stages for weeks and every so often I add a new bit, the composition pre-dates The Migraine Tree but they are similar, siblings in fact. Secondly though I've been doing the production work for a song called Sorry Mister Wilson and I do love it, more than any song I've recorded to date. I've just listened to it twice in a row in fact. It's from the album I'm making with Steven McLachlan, The Journey, that tells a story of an accident, coma and re-awakening. In some ways it's an allegory about social isolation which is not surprising for an island like me. Sorry Mister Wilson is a power ballad with a quiet piano verse and a big orchestral chorus.