Thursday, July 02, 2009

Jobling Gowler Art Competition 2009

I'm just back from the reception for the first Jobling Gowler art exhibition. My painting The Silkworm received a judges commendation and I got a generous bottle of bubbly into the bargain. I'm pleased with this, that makes the fourth judges commendation in 18 months and that's one for every competition I've entered that awarded commendations. It's not a prize but I feel that winning a prize is inevitable.

Jobling Gowler have done a first rate job at organising this. The pictures are in he reception area of their offices which I think means its open to the public every day. It corresponds with the Macclesfield Textile Festival which runs for about two weeks until July the 19th. They don't ask for a commission on sales which means that my painting is on sale for a lower than usual price of £495 for a painting of this size.

Next for me is the Tabernacle competition held by Museum of Modern Art, Wales. Delivery of the painting for consideration by the judges is next week.