Saturday, March 26, 2011

Music Cover 1

Well the inital recording bit of my latest musical project is done. I decided to record each song quite quickly, one per day, and leave the refinements, which can be time consuming, to a later date when I record the vocals. I've quickly come up with a cover design too. Not 100% sure about it but I'm happy with the general idea of it.


I'm still a little tense today and have decided to do some pleasant painting or artwork of some sort. I've got a lot of large and complex paintings in the pipeline and I'll enjoy doing a bit of this and that over the next month or two, popping along to this music along the way.

5 comments :

Andrew Williams said...

That cover is excellent. It's stark and simple, but complex at the same time... or something.

Mark Sheeky said...

Thanks Andrew. I like the general idea but I'm not sure about some parts. It's quite difficult to get the balance right, of complex and simple, of fine details and blocks of black and white.

-Don said...

I'm enthralled by the cover artwork. I spent several moments absorbing all that was going on. I really like it. Your profile is a nice touch.

-Don

PAMO said...

Mark- This cover is outstanding! I really do love it. I'm sure whatever you come up with will be stunning.
Sign me a HUGE FAN of Mark Sheeky!!!

Mark Sheeky said...

Thanks Don and Pam. I might make a few tweaks here and there. I'm never satisfied :)