Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Painting Update

It looks like January will be busy and with the amount of paintings I've now planned I'll probably have to start work before the light improves anyway. One picture about man's acquisition of flight has been abandoned. The picture lacked the fundamental emotion that a painting should have according to my own rules. Instead I've started some preparation work on two new pictures, one complex figure painting about doomed love, and a second picture about making progress in an endeavour and how sometimes going back is not an option even if the future is uncertain. Those should be my last planned for 2007 unless I discover that I have more time than I can currently estimate. As always, there are more ideas than I could feasibly paint. Music and (importantly) sound effects must also feature heavily in 2007, taking up at least half of January.