Monday, April 05, 2010

Done

The underpainting is done. No pictures! I forgot to take any and it's now safely face down in my drying rack and dust covered. Besides, I don't want to spoil the joy of seeing the finished picture (hum!)

Now, I have some things to design. I'll be painting at least one picture over a metre in size and on canvas so I'll need a big maul stick or thing to rest on. My pictures on wood have unpainted borders which makes things easier, but those on canvas are essentially painted to the edge. Ideally something would clamp onto the side or back.

I'll also need to design some better drying racks, which aren't as good as they could be. I need something made of wood that can be resized and holds paintings face down. So, that's two things.

Tomorrow I've got to update my website with newly scanned paintings; type up the annual Ernie Awards for www.bytten.com and, ideally, write five to seven jingles for fruit machines, oh and photograph my Crying Lady sculpture for the Derbyshire Open painting. Tick tick!

The photo is a crowned pigeon from the tropical house at Chester Zoo. They are so tame that they walk right up to you, this was an arms length away when I took it a week ago. I've put it here just to spice up this post. Spice!