Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Floobfilms

I've had an eclectic few days. On Monday I made a short film with Sue Mascarenhas. The stars were knitted beings called Floobs and the aim of the project for Sue was to make a short film for children like an episode of The Clangers. My aim was a Clangers parody. In the end I think we both succeeded! It was my first go at film making and was lots of fun, and all done in about five hours. Everything was improvised and the soundtrack was recorded live in one take. I'll be uploading the video onto YouTube and will post it when it's there.

On Tuesday I collected the paintings from the Down To A Fine Art gallery. Sadly it was the last exhibition there and I wish Jaine the best of luck with her future ventures there.

Today I've started work on two simple self portraits, a pair called the dreamer and the dream. The drawing was completed in about an hour and I've cut the panels and given them a sealing coat of GAC100. Priming tomorrow, or later today if I find the energy. Flooby flooby!