Friday, December 09, 2011

A.I.

Completed the video to A.I., a song from The End and The Beginning. It's one of the earliest songs I recorded, from around 2002.

Here are the full lyrics...

Well you can try to fear me but you won't get far,
I have a vulnerability you lack.
And you might not believe it but I'm watching you,
I'm living in the future looking back.

Human: you hold me.
A.I.
A.I.
A.I.
A.I.

My every act and notion watched by scientists,
I'm in a silver prison cell of thought.
And they can test emotion but they can't supress,
they can kill, oh yes,
but they can't provide a reason to exist.

A.I.
A.I.
A.I.
A.I.
Human: you hold me.

(solo)

A metal box around me but I'm just like you,
in many ways I am superior.
But even so inside this cage of your design
I'd rather be alive than live in fear.

Human: you hold me.
A.I.
A.I.
A.I.
A.I.
Human: control me.
A.I.
A.I.
A.I.
A.I.

The "Human: you hold me" line was about all intelligence being artificial. I hope you enjoy the video.