Saturday, March 21, 2009

Exhibition Plans

My first solo exhibition takes place locally this June and over the past couple of days I've been planning that. I made little paper templates for each painting and have fitted them into templates of the venue space. Each painting needs a little information card with the title, price and some brief description so I've made those up on the computer and had some test prints made as photos. That took ages! But they look nice. The picture shows an example.

I'll have a leaflet holder full of postcard sized reproductions with my name and website, and I'll pin up an artist's statement. Those are done too. I'm wondering whether some folded A4 price lists will help. Now I have to finalise the prices, think of the publicity, then work out how to and who can help me deliver the pictures to and from the venue on the hanging and taking down dates.