Monday, October 05, 2026

Women And Wives Videos and More Nightfood

Sigh, a couple of long days of hard work, to match the lifetime of similar long and hard days in isolation, poverty, and obscurity. Yesterday Deb came to film me for 'Women and Wives' and 'Smile to Fall', the single is out on Friday so I'd like a video. In these days of AI, which I largely hate and distrust, I think it's more important than ever to be 'real', to reject anything too digital or fake looking, so I thought that a plain filmed video of myself should be the core of both films. Deborah is a natural camera operator and photographer, she has a good eye.

I'll use Argus to mask and add top layers this week. Nightfood II is broadly mixed and complete. It's not vastly different, but the vocals are. My main job this week is to complete the Women And Wives videos.

Today was spent painstakingly rasterising the lyrics for this and the Nightfood tracks, creating them as images then making them appear in the correct places in the video using Argus. To add some interest and creativity, I've made the 'Nightfood' words yellow and shaky, anxious, matching the look of the words in the (unused) CD artwork, and the words of the 'Neon Sonata' (which I named the second half of the album) as glowing neon letters full of bounce and joy.

A new head of BBC news appointed today. Her salary is more than 200 times my income; not twice, not twenty times, but more than 200 times. How pointless I feel my life is. On my break at 3pm I saved the life of a honey bee which had fallen into the plate of water we leave out for the animals. So, to that bee, I at least made a difference.

I've started to watch the Louis Wain film again, this time with Deborah. It made me triply blessed to know and love her, and doubly blessed to have known and loved Cat. Louis Wain, Freddie Mercury, Myself, Deborah; we are cat people, we four, we happy four, we band of brothers, and sisters...