Sunday, May 17, 2020

Plodding On

More Taskforce work today. A very strange and worry bug occurred upon loading a level which was saved while on an upper storey. For some reason, elements, faces, from that level seemed to appear on levels above and below and wouldn't go away whether I moved up or down. In the end I fixed it by tinkering with the way the level was redrawn upon loading, but I still don't know what caused it, the theory, and this troubles me. I like to know exactly what everything is doing.

I've also remade one of yesterday's bits of music and fixed a few mapping errors. It was impossible to walk up the stairs on three levels. Stairs need such care, they must end over a walkable block (the top floor must be over a wall or other floor) and there needs to be lots of headroom around them too or you might be not be able to step off. Other fixes: the music will now restart correctly after a reload, and the elevator closes the distant door when calling it to you.

I've also finalised the manual, again. Every evening I think that the game is complete yet I spend a full day fixing things or adding things. Let it be over soon. Perhaps my priority now should be testing the demo. I've set a release date of May 29th for that. The game has grown to 250Mb, most of it music. I will split things up I think so that the demo doesn't have all of the files of the full version.